- Understanding Social Security and how to apply, managing SSDI and SSI benefits, and referrals to resources for developing individualized Plans to Achieve Self Support (PASS).
- Understanding and applying for health care benefits such as Medical Assistance, MA for Employed People with Disabilities, Medicare, and using MN Sure to shop for individual insurance plans.
- Understanding county waiver programs and how to apply.
- Education about housing options, voucher programs, how to search for affordable housing, renters rights and responsibilities.
- Learning about and utilizing transportation options, bus training, Metro Mobility applications.
- Coordination of services with other agencies and organizations.
- Strengthening soft skills and self-image, increasing assertiveness, confidence, and ability to advocate for oneself.
- Basics of money management, tips about creating and sticking to a budget.
- Time management and good organization skills.
- How to talk to your legislator to advocate for systems change, keep up on relevant public policy, and be more engaged in civic life.
- Learning useful community resources to help you meet your needs.
Your voicemail will be returned within two business days.